My Favourite Songs

Powered by eSnips.com

Friday, April 23, 2010

Winter 2010

The last winter has been very mild. In the last 10 years of my experiences with the winter in Canada, 2010 winter was the worst. By the worst means no snow or very little snow. In a way, it is a blessing in disguise for me; I have a slight problem with my left arm and no snow means less thing to do using my arms. Some people are saying that we will have a rather bad summer as a consequence of the mild winter, not enough water will be one of the possible problem.

Water is always a problem. I just read the other day on one of the free paper in Toronto that Canadian are the worst on abusing fresh water. While on other parts of the world people are really having a problem with water shortage, Canadian are using the water to water the garden, grass and washing cars. Ironic, isn't it ?? But in my opinion, there is nothing we can do with the water shortage in some other part of the world. Water is not something that you bring easily to other place, specially in big numbers. Imagine if there is a shortage of fresh water in Africa; what can Canadian do to help them with the abundant water that we have here in Canada ? We can not ship our water to help them. We may be able to help them with other materials like food and clothing, but water ? No possible and it is an astronomical task to bring water across the continent if not impossible.

No comments: