My Favourite Songs

Powered by eSnips.com

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

One of my most precious stamp collection

Finally, I found my blog again. When my computer crashed a few months ago, I lost almost all the data and somehow I could not find my blog because I could not even remember what is the username that I am using for this blog.
Today, my e-mail
was hijack again by some idiot who thinks that they can sell more by using my connection. In the process of changing my password, I found this blog again. So here it is.....

My most precious stamps is not the most expensive stamps, but I like this one best.
One of the
reason is because this is my first complete train stamps.

As you can see from the picture to the left side of this writing, the stamps is very beautiful. The stamps were issued by the Belgian Postal Office. It consist of 22 stamps (very obvious) and each stamp is designed with a single colour printing process.
The stamps themselves were issued in 1980.
There are a lot of other designs from these group of stamps.

My favourite stamps are the Railway stamps from Belgium. There is a lot of debate, whether the railway stamps of Belgium can be considered as stamps or is it just something they call cinderella.
Of course this will depend on who is making the judgement.
The country or postal office who is issuing the stamps will say that their stamps have all the philatelic requirement to be considered as a stamp. However, different postal office might have different view.
A good example of this will be the stamps which are issued by little bit of island in the middle of nowhere. Some of this island may have a population of less than 1,000 people, yet they issue a full fledge stamps. One of the more famous stamps issuer is an island called St. Lucia or the one they call Nevis or St. Vincent or island group of Wallis & Futuna or maybe Davaar Island ???
I bet you have no idea where are all these islands located in the world. They are located mostly in the Carribean Sea or in the Polynesian Islands. A group of small islands who used to be part of the British or maybe the French during the colonial times. By law, they are a separate entity with their own government. However, what they have done with the stamps is so outrageous that they are doing a lot of damage to the philatelic society. Can you image the postal office on this island is actually producing millions of stamps with all kind of pictures and they are being sold to every corner of the world. Unfortunately, the victim of this manipulation is not the philatelist, but some layman who has no idea of what they are doing and they were persuaded by some sleazy stamp seller to buy the worthless stamps from these islands.

Anyway, enough bitching.... my suggestion (again I may have said it somewhere before), do not invest in the stamps unless you really know what you are doing.

No comments: