My Favourite Songs

Powered by eSnips.com

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Winter in Canada


Saturday and Sunday 15 & 16 December 2007 were the first real snow that I have seen in my entire life. Well, the entire life I am talking about is the one in Canada. The snow started to fall around Saturday night.


The process of snowing that we had was what they called in Canada flurries, very light snow with a lot of wind. These flurries fell at the rate of around roughly 2 cms per hour and we have this for the next 18 hours. By mid day Sunday, we already have a pile of snow in our front yard as high as 30 cms.

My son start to shovel the snow around 11 a.m. to clear our drive-way so that our car can get out. Unfortunately with the rate of the flurries, it did not take very long to build up the barricade of snow again on my drive way.

By late afternoon, I have to shovel it again already and later on again around 22:00 p.m.

We have to do it late at night as well, because if the temperature is rising a few degrees and then drop again, we will have a solid ice on our driveway. This has happened in the past and it was quite impossible to clear up the driveway when that happened. So night or day, when you have piles of snow on your driveway, you have to get rid of it.

Monday come and luckily no snow. I always say that I like snow and cold temperature. I still like the cold, but snow is okay once in a while and not at the amount of what I have on Sunday.
It seems that after the wrath on Saturday dan Sunday last week, the weather has been relative nice to us. It is still cold, but cold is not a problem; at least for me.
School will also finish soon. This coming Friday is the last day for school this year. Holiday and celebration is the theme in the supermarket and shopping mall. Christmas decoration is something worth looking at, specially in downtown area.
Well, time to finish it and do something else.....

No comments: