My Favourite Songs

Powered by eSnips.com

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Gift

The Gift is one of the song which recently become my favourite.
I am putting the word of this song so that you can read and understand them.

A poor orphan girl named Maria was walking to market one day
She stopped for to rest by the road side where a bird with a broken wing lay
A few moments passed till she saw it for it's feathers were covered with sand
Soon clean and wrap it was traveling in the warmth of Maria's small hand
She happily gave her last peso on a cage made of brushes and twine
She fed it loose corn from the market and watched it grow stronger with time

Now the Christmas eve service was coming and the chruch lighted with tinsel and light
An' all of the town folk brought presents to lay by the manger that night
There were diamonds and incents and perfumes in packages fit for a king
But for one ragged bird in small cage Maria had nothing to bring

She waited till just before midnight so no one could see her go in
Crying she knelt by the manger for her gift was unworthy of him
Then a voice spoke to her through the darkness
Maria what brings you to me
If the bird in the cage is your offering
Open the door let me see

Though she trembled she did as he asked her an' out of the cage the bird flew
Soaring up into the rafters on a wing that had heal good as new
Just as the midnight bells rang out and the little bird started to sing
A song that no words could recapture whose beauty was fit for a king
Now Maria felt blessed just to listen to that cascade a note sweet and long
As her offering was lifted to heaven by the very first nightingale song

If you are interested on this song and would like to have them, you can send e-mail to me and I will try to arrange it so that you can have it.
I have also included this song on my music player which you can try.

1 comment:

desperado said...

Very touching indeed..I wonder if you could send me the song.
Muchas gracias !


Sien Gie'60